Chicken potato salad is the perfect party side dish! It’s creamy, delicious, and packed with carrots, ham, pineapple, & other ingredients; it’s certain to become a crowd favorite. Guys, I cannot express enough how much my appreciation for you is. The past few days at animedao have been amazing. It typically receives between 5000 and 10,000 page views per day, but thanks to you all are visiting the site for Eid recipes, it reached its highest point of nearly 15,000 pageviews on April 20. Woohoo!.
Thank you again for including our recipes in your holiday celebrations.
This chicken potato salad is chock-full with every tasty goodie that you can imagine. Chicken Potato Salad is a crowd-pleaser that’s packed with flavor and texture.
Cooking tips for Chicken Potato Salad
- Start with frozen water to ensure that potatoes cook evenly.
- Make sure potatoes are completely submerged in water before adding water.
- Salt can be added to the water to enhance the potato’s flavor.
- Allow the potatoes to cook until they are tender enough that a fork can easily pierce them.
- This should take around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let the potatoes cool completely before you add the other ingredients.
- The residual heat can melt the mayonnaise, making the salad too oily.
- You can speed up the cooling process by placing the potatoes in one layer on a baking tray and then refrigerating them.
To preserve their color and crispiness, boil the carrots.
- Do you prefer potato salad with no mayo? Use plain yogurt or sour cream instead.
- Condensed milk may seem odd, but it adds creaminess and balances out the savory flavors of the dish.
Ingredients for Chicken Potato Salad
- 6 large potatoes
- 1/2 pound chicken chest or leg meat, boneless and skinless
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Rinse potatoes under cold running water.
- Fix potatoes in a large kettle with plenty of cold water to coat.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Cook potatoes covered for 12-15 minutes, or until tender but not falling apart.
Allow potatoes to cool.
- Remove skins and peel them.
- Cut the skins into 1-inch cubes using a knife.
- Add chicken to a large pot. Cover with enough water to cover. Bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Let the chicken simmer for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
Let the chicken drain from any liquid, and then let it cool completely before slicing.
- Set aside. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Cook the diced carrots for 30 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables from the water. Once cool, plunge into an ice bath.
- Pour the water and set it in a pot.
Combine potatoes, chicken and carrots with eggs, onion, sweet pickle relish (ham), mayonnaise and condensed milk in a large bowl.
- Mix everything together gently until well-combined.
- Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Permit flavorings to merge for 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Enjoy the Chicken Potato Salad